Wednesday, February 6, 2008

v-day and mini-vacations

I will be honest.....I do not really care all that much about valentines day. Forget the chocolate, forget the fancy dinner and please do not give me an oversized plush bear of any kind. On the other hand, if my sweetie suggested a mini-trip, I would be all over it! A little quick trip to re-light the romance and enjoy a weekend with just the two of you. In the spirit of too many bad v-days, I thought I would give you my perspective on what I think a great romantic getaway entails.

1. Make it close, no need to drive for hours. Find a sweet little B & B far enough to make it special, close enough that you don't kill each other on the road-trip.

2. Don't skimp on the room. Its valentines day, which means more time should be spent in the room. So stay away from anywhere with the word motel in it. If possible, find a smaller place with a fireplace, fuzzy robes and room service.

3. Get active! Do something fun together, like a tandem bike ride or a hike and picnic. Concierge's are usually great about telling you where to go in the area.

4. Bring the camera and a goofy sense of humor. Some of my favorite pictures of my bf and I are when we were truly laughing, not just dutifully smiling for the camera. Do not be shy, ask people to take picture of the two of you in this fun mini-vacation!

No comments: