Saturday, June 28, 2008

More Airline Cuts






I know there has been a flurry of airline related blogs recently, but I just could not help writing about this subject a bit more.

Honestly, at this point it has become funny. So US Air announced (well last week) that they are going to now charge for all non-alcoholic beverages. Aaaahhhhh, yes kids make sure you bring your money because nothing is free anymore! Now soda, fruit juice, coffee, and bottled water will all cost you $2 and the cost of alcoholic beverages will rise to $7. I would just like to briefly comment on the fact that a can of 'the most crap beer ever produced on the planet' (aka budweiser) will now cost you almost the equivalent to a 12 pack in stores.

Like I have said before the airlines are obviously struggling and need to do whatever then can to survive, but this just sucks. I am notorious for never having cash with me, I cannot imagine not even being allowed water on a 4 hour plane flight. This whole issue is just all the worse since we cannot even bring liquids on the plane anymore (a rule which I am sure the airlines are loving!)

I would like to pose the question as to what else airlines can charge us for? I laughed out loud at the suggestion of a yahoo blogger who thought pay- toilets could be in our future. Pretty soon those unprepared individuals are going to start hitting up their seat-mates for cash, "please man, I gotta go!"

2 comments:

Sarah said...

i think they'll start charging for carry on luggage, or pay for your ticket by the pound. anyway you cut it they're just out of control! us airways announced they are laying off all their sky caps at a bunch of airports.

i don't understand why they're nickel and diming the consumers. obviously the airline industry in the us has some serious problems that will not be fixed by additional fees on the consumers. how is it that every other nation in the world has airlines that don't seem to have these issues??

p.s. loving southwest's new ads! they're awesome and a total f* you to the airlines who are nickel and diming us!

AZChelsea said...

I'm flying to Oregon on US Airways with my 19 month old son tomorrow and I'm really nervous. I'm about to get on the phone with them and make sure of what my "can bring" and "can't bring" lists will be on the airplane....At least I made the cut by one day for their new thing of charging for a first checked bag and then charging for beverages isn't until August. It's probably my first and last time flying US Airways!
Whay don't they just raise the price of tickets instead of all this other crap?!