Saturday, June 14, 2008

Pack Less. Weigh Less. Pay Less?


Thank goodness when I saw this new 'advertisement' for Derrie Air, I was alerted at the beginning that it was a prank. I have a tendency to believe almost anything and most likely I would have been all excited until someone explained it to me.

Luckily, it looks like I am not the only gullible person out there. The Philadelphia Inquirer and Philadelphia Daily News ran ads about this new fenom airline that describes itself as the "world's only carbon-neutral luxury airline, where you don't have to choose between living the high life and saving the planet". Can you see why I got so excited??!!

This fictitious advertising campaign created by Philadelphia Media Holdings and was meant to prove to its clients the power of visual media while basically making people laugh. With advice such as, "The magic comes from our one of a kind "Sliding Scale"—the more you weigh, the more you'll pay." or "Nine out of ten scientists agree"

Truthfly, I was more interested to learn about Dick, the owner and mastermind behind Derrie-air (no pun intended). In his youth Dick lived off a diet rich in Mississippi fish and thus "This unusual diet flooded his brain with Omega-3 fatty acids, to which he credits his remarkable business acumen."

F-ing brillant. This is really marking at its best!

No comments: