Saturday, January 13, 2007

Coy

so my good friend, coy, will be accompanying me to se asia. he has somehow managed to convince his lovely wife (and newborn baby girl) that traveling with me for two weeks is a good idea. I think talking alden into it was a breeze: coy waited until she was sleeping and then mentioned it. her rollover in the crib was clearly a sign of approval. and jen: you're the best. don't worry about a thing, he is in good hands. i once crossed through rafah with only a backpack and a lump of birdseed (oh, and a man with a machine gun). and what's better? this time i have twice as much birdseed, and learned some crazy karate moves watching ultimate fighter the other night. we're golden. seriously though, thailand/cambodia is home to some of the nicest folks in the world. how could you not enjoy yourself with so many beaches and deep-fried scorpions at your disposal?

2 comments:

Kevin Tharp said...

Chris-

You have the adventurous spirit of an early American fur trapper. Enjoy God's splendor, and marvel at the diversity of a different culture. Watch you back in the jungles.

Dad

Jennifer Coy said...

So, some might say that I am a little crazy to give my husband a hall pass for two weeks while he visits foreign lands while I am home with our new baby girl. All I can say is that now I have Mike in the palm of my hand and I think that I am going to be deserving on some shopping time upon his arrival home. Be safe, Mike and Chris...I love you both!