Thursday, May 8, 2008

Airline mania

First off, lets all take a second to ooohhhh and awwww at our blog site changes. Golf clap for Chris.

Now, on to today's real question. What is your favorite airline?

As I prepare for my October trip to Bhutan (I know, you can be jealous) I am trying to find flights to Thailand. You would think that someone that works in travel would be familiar with the plethora of Asian airlines out there, but I have to admit that I was pretty astounded to learn how many of them there are. China Eastern, China Southern, China Air, Thai Air, Malaysia Air......who knew? So this got be thinking, what are people's favorite airlines?

Personally, I love southwest for national trips. Yes, I often feel like cattle being herded into a pen, but I find the staff is always fun and make me laugh with their goofy anecdotes about plane security rules. Plus, I love their milage plan I am always getting free trips or drink coupons which make any flight sooooooooooo much better!

For international trips I am a big fan of British Airways. I was a fan of Lufstansia until a recent trip to Germany where a rep at the Munich airport made me so angry I honestly thought of hitting her in the face. Well not really, but I have now transfered that grudge to the whole of Lufstansia and refuse to ever fly them, which seems pretty rational to me.

So what are your airline thoughts?

No comments: