Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Good vs Bad- the question of all inclusive


So I just returned from four days in Cabo...I meant to blog everyday, but somehow laying by the pool with a fruity cocktail seemed to triumph finding a computer and blogging. I blame the delicious frozen concoctions.

So I thought I would do a little re-cap for you all. We ended up staying at Dreams Los Cabos, a very beautiful all inclusive resort where the staff could not have been kinder and the rooms all had ocean views. Well to be honest, we could see the ocean from our room, but I would not necessarily qualify it as an 'ocean view'. However, it hardly mattered as the rooms were enormous and we did not spend much time in them anyway. I cannot give this resort enough praise.

Now, I must admit I had never stayed at an all-inclusive before. I know that some people seem to love the atmosphere and others might find the seclusion too stifling. So I thought I would help out anyone who is considering the pros and cons of staying in an all inclusive resort.

The Good:
1. Makes sticking to a budget very easy. Additionally, you have a much better idea of how much you are spending before you go since all meals and drinks are already included.
2. The drinks just keep on coming!
3. If you are going with a big group there is no need to hassle over the bill.
4. If you want total relaxation, you do not need to leave the hotel.
5. You can order room service all night long.
6. Lots of activities: volleyball, water basketball, cooking classes, drink making classes.
7. Did I mention everything is free?

The Bad:
1. These hotels often are very secluded so if you like to go exploring, hotel location often makes it a little difficult.
2. Depending on what type of all inclusive you stay at, the restaurants can be very limiting.
3. Sometimes these resorts have very strict rules (like all bars close at 8 pm) so before you book be sure to read the fine print.
4. Choice of destinations can be limited, if you choose an all-inclusive you will most likely be limited to Mexico or the Caribbean.

1 comment:

erickaweb said...

Good to know - thanks!