Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Travel Junkie

I think I might be a travel junkie. They say the first step is admitting it, so there you go, I'm addicted. In fact, I may have a problem. Hmm.... A travel junkie, huh? Yep. That's right, full-blown addiction here folks. I'm talking raging veins when I'm away from it, a tendency to not stop thinking about it, and it's certainly a vacuum for all things financial. Am I alone here?

The last trip I took out of the country was Thailand/Cambodia early last year and it seems like an eternity ago. As my next trip can't come soon enough, I typically fall into a predictable pattern of the next best thing: Being frustrated that I'm not away traveling, looking at trips online, imagining I am on them, having my excitement level go through the roof, realize I'm dreaming, getting frustrated that I'm not traveling. And so the pattern continues. Yes, these are the tales of a travel junkie.

Now at the moment I seem to be full-blown in the middle of the cycle where I am imagining myself on some of these trips. Since this travel addiction has me here, I figure I'll just go ahead and take you all down with me and share some trips out there that have piqued my interest. Warning: You may read about these trips and in turn become frustrated like me that you're not there. This is my attempt to warn you.... hence removing any responsibility I may have for said travel fantasy behavioral swing...

- Machu Picchu Mountain Lodges Trek; Wildland Adventures
- Hidden Monasteries of Tibet; Wilderness Travel
- Namibia Explorer; Ker & Downy
- Passage to Indochine; Asia Transpacific
- Futaleufu River Rafting; Bio Bio Expeditions

No comments: